This 10-pack of the original 6-pin WS2812 provides an excellent way to add some ‘pizazz’ to your electronics projects! This listing is for the SMD LEDs themselves, which are useful for developing your own products or replacing a damaged LED.
The SMD package includes 6 pins: Data In, Data Out, Power for LEDs, Power for Control Circuit, and Ground. In other listings I have breakout boards carrying single or multiple of these tiny, yet ultra-bright LEDs in a wide array of form factors. These include:
- Flexible Strips
- Matrices and Arrays
- Rigid Strips
You can use these fantastic LEDs to make a long chain that can be controlled using only 1 pin from your microcontroller and your favorite NeoPixel library.
Each LED looks like a standard 5050 RGB LED, however instead of having individually controlled red/green/blue LEDs inside, there’s a little chip that receives a high-speed PWM signal, which determines the LED color out of the more than 16 million possibilities!
To get started, power them using 5VDC and chain the boards together by tying the Data-Out pin of one to the Data-in of the next one in the chain. Note that these use “RGB” instead of the “GRB” format that’s the default in most libraries, so you’ll need to look at examples on how to adjust it to get the right colors!
- 10-pack of original 6-pin WS2812 RGB LEDs
- 6-pin SMD package: VCC (Control Circuit Power), Vdd (LED Power), GND, Data In, and Data Out
- Multiple LEDs can be chained by tying Data Out and Data In pins
- Fully addressable LEDs allow for individual control of color and brightness
- 5050 (50mm x 50mm) white SMD package makes it easy to use in your own designs or to replace a damaged LED in your product
- Compatible with Adafruit NeoPixel LEDs