This is a 4-pack set of breakout boards for the most popular Motor Driver IC in the market, the Allegro A4988. This DMOS Microstepping Driver has a built-in Translator and Overcurrent Protection, and you can carefully read the A4988 datasheet before using this product for more details. This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 2A output current per coil (please read the Power Dissipation Considerations in the datasheet).
This product ships with all surface-mount components—including the A4988 driver IC—installed as shown in the product picture. It is sold as a 4-pack of individually packaged boards with 0.1″ male header pins already soldered in, and a heatsink with thermoconductive tape to attach to the A4988 for heat dissipation.
The driver requires a logic supply voltage (3~5.5VDC) to be connected across the VDD and GND pins and a motor supply voltage (8~35VDC) to be connected across VMOT and GND.
- Simple step and direction control interface
- 5 different step resolutions: full-step, 1/2-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, and 1/16-step
- Logic Supply Voltage (VM): 3~5.5VDC
- Motor Supply Voltage (VM): 8~35VDC
- Max. Output Current: 2A (average) / 4A (peak) but depends on how well you can cool the IC
- Perfect for robotics projects!