This 5×8-pixel matrix is designed using the Arduino UNO Shield form factor, so that it can be easily plug into any compatible development board (most Arduinos, Wemos D1, etc.). However, as the headers are included separately, you can use this matrix with any microcontroller or single-board computer (e.g., Raspberry Pi).
The 5×8-pixel layout provides an excellent arrangement of WS2812B RGB smart LEDs for use in any electronics project. This array of individually controlled LEDs allows us to to create incredible lighting displays for data visualization, status indication, and many more tasks!
These matrices carry 5×8 ultra-bright WS2812B LEDs. We include all the header pins so that you can connect it directly and with ease to any development board compatible with Arduino UNO shields. The Data Out pin is also available for connecting multiple matrices in a row, or even other WS2812B products such as our rings or flexible strips!
Each LED is positioned at an equal distance from the two adjacent LEDs.
- Arduino UNO Shield form factor PCB carrying 40 (5×8) ultra-bright WS2812B RGB LEDs
- 1.6mm rigid black PCB; Data In pin is tied to Digital I/O pin 6
- All male header pins included
- Multiple matrices can be interconnected using the Data Out pins
- Fully addressable LEDs allow for individual control of color and brightness
- Compatible with NeoPixels LEDs