This pluggable Bluetooth adapter or dongle adds the ability to connect Bluetooth devices to your computer. Whereas it’ll work with machines running Windows and Mac OS, it also works under Linux. This makes it particularly useful for Raspberry Pi (and other single-board computers) that do not have a built-in bluetooth module, or in applications where a second Bluetooth connection is needed.
This dual-mode adapter connects devices using Bluetooth Classic or Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). It works with 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 7*, 8.x, and 10. All Raspberry Pi models are supported, though the most typical use is with models prior to the Raspberry Pi 4, which do not include built-in Bluetooth capabilities. The adapter is supported by recent versions of popular Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Mint, and Fedora. (Linux kernel versions 3.0.34, 3.2.20, and 3.4 and later)
- Mini Size: The extremely small and space-saving USB Bluetooth adapter allows you to leave it on devices without blocking the surrounding USB ports. Just plug it in and carry it anywhere.
- Fast Transmission Rate: Maximum transfer rate is up to 3Mbps and transmission distance up to 33ft/10M in open space, this Bluetooth dongle allows you to enjoy a seamless and uninterrupted connection.
- Bluetooth Low Energy: USB Bluetooth dongle applies the latest Bluetooth 4.0 with low energy technology, backward compatible with Bluetooth V3.0/2.1/2.0/1.1.
- Multi-Device Connection: This Bluetooth receiver gives you powerful wireless data connectivity between your computer or laptop and Bluetooth enabled devices such as headphones, mouse, keyboard, speaker, etc. Not compatible with Mac computer, car stereo or TVs.
- Wide Compatibility: Windows and Linux, including any OS for the Raspberry Pi!