This listing is for a 2-pack of a USB breakout board that doesn’t pass through the 5V line from input to output. This breakout board provides a non-intrusive way of solving a problem that 3D-printers connected to Octoprint machines have. That is, their screen stays on even when their PSU is off because they are still receiving 5V via USB.
The new version of the PCB now breaks out the pins from the female USB connector (can be seen in the third image above), I’ve found this useful for adding 5V back into a USB device that is power hungry (such as an external hard drive), especially if using an extension cable.
For use, simply plug the Power BLough-R directly into a USB port of the computer running Octoprint and plug the printer’s USB cable into the Power BLough-R. Your Octoprint machine will be able to communicate with your printer as normal once your printer’s PSU is on.
- Dimensions: 19.25mm x15.40mm x 11.8mm
- Prevents the 5V from your Pi, EZPi, or PC from keeping printer LCD on when AC power is off
- Quick installation – plugs into USB port between printer and Pi
- Heatshrink pre-installed to cover contacts onboard
- Designed in Ireland by Brian Lough (pronounced “lock”)